Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Items of {P}intrest - Pillow Beds...for cheap!

So I've been lusting after THIS for a while now and couldn't stop thinking how perfect making a set for vacation would be.  BUT I was not about to spend the $$ I would need to for all the fabric.  So one day the thought came to me...what about just sewing together pillow shams from Goodwill?! So for a whopping $12 I made 2 pillow beds!...and that INCLUDES the pillows! rad.

The process was pretty simple. Lay shams on top of each other and sew together


Then fill with pillows (I got the $.99 ones from IKEA...not the fluffiest - but they do the job)


Then let your children play!
Emmie has decided that her summer uniform is leotards...it's pretty awesome.



And once they tire themselves out they will take a nice rest and snuggle all precious together.


Things I would do differently next time:
1. I would get shams with no frills or edges. It's just kind of floppy especially when it's folded. I sewed down the edges on the brown one...
2. I may want to spend a little more and get fluffier pillows.

Can't beat $12.00 though...and it only took me 20 minutes to make 2! whoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment